$25 in advance | $30 at the door (per person)
PLAY your way into well-being!
Have you ever wished you could fly? Acro yoga offers a new path of fitness, body awareness and a way to connect with others. The best part is it's all through PLAY.
If any of that sounds like something you and your friends would enjoy this workshop is for you. Come explore the FUNdamentals of acroyoga with Alex Joy and Dominick Cole. Including partner strengthening, basic acrobatic flying, safe spotting, and healing Thai massage. All levels welcome and encouraged. We will gear toward beginners but offer more advanced variations for those who are ready.
Acroyoga is rooted in communication, trust, and the ART OF PLAY. Learn simple yet challenging ways to improve your overall well-being by lifting up your friends. Alex and Dominick, create a supportive and fun environment to deepen your body awareness and challenge your edges. Expect to be lifted up, lift others up and restore your body through Thai massage. No partner necessary. If you have one, bring em!
- Warm up with AYFit exercises to get the body supple and strong.
- Discover how to train your partner through conditioning drills.
- Explore how to effectively counterbalance your body weight with a partner.
- Play with flying (and lift your partner) with basic L-base acrobatic poses, including supported inversions.
- Learn one of the most important and commonly missed aspects of acroyoga: Safe and effective spotting!
- Stretch it out with unique partner stretching techniques.
- Learn how to de-stress and release your partner’s body through Thai massage. You will both give and receive a brief healing massage